Nevertheless, it seems that evil forces have spelled a cast on him and he has been trapped in what looks like an endless quest... Oh no! He is cast away in a Möbius Strip!
If you wish to help Euler Piruleta, you should know one or two things about this "Möbius Strip":
1) The Möbius Strip is a peculiar surface with intriguing characteristics.
2) Every surface that you know has two faces (a sheet, a coin, the floor...) but the Möbius Strip has just one face... an endless face!
3) Unfortunately for him, our poor Euler Piruleta doesn't know these properties and that's why he needs your assistance…
1) Build your own Möbius Strip.
You just need a long (and at least 4cm-width) paper strip.
Glue one end to the other as it is depicted in the image below, turning one end:
Is it possible to paint the inside and outside of the Möbius Strip using different colors? Why?
2) Cut your Möbius Strip in two (following an imaginary line which should be drawn exactly in the middle of your strip):
Once you are done… what do you get?
How many “turns” does the object you have created have?
3) Repeat the procedure you have done in the previous step and describe what you get.
Only if you fully understand the complexity of the Möbius Strip will Euler Piruleta be released from his infinity prison.
Watch it: your solution must include pictures of the outcomes of every part: your original Möbius Strip, the one you get after the first cut and what you get after the second cut.
For amusement only: this was another endless quest that become quiet famous when I was in school!
Dragon Ball Opening - GALEGO's Version
PS: Tania, Iván, Carlos, Andrea I., Jorge and Iñakig G. have been awarded with TWO possitives due to their answers to the last challenges ;) Congratulations. Euler Piruleta is starting to be very fond of you :P